Hey guys, thank God its Friday!
How is the week running? Mine has been good.
OK, some things were coming to my mind during the last weekend when I was carrying out one of the skin care routine, (I scrubbed my face and body with scrub).
These questions were running through my mind during the process:
- What does scrubbing means?
It’s the process of exfoliating and hydrating the skin, leaving the skin feeling fresh, smooth, moisturised and soft. It’s a process of removing the dead cells and revealing new soft and smooth skin.
And that’s exactly the way I felt after the process.
- What are the benefits of scrubbing the skin?
- it smoothens the skin
- reduces the chances of breakout
- reduces the appearances of dark spot
- minimises the appearance of large pores
- smoothens the elbow/knees (knuckles)
- It allows moisturisers work better.
- It can also help to improve blood circulation to the skin and help fight cellulite and thus improve your skin tone….
So after knowing the benefits, I said to myself I have to be doing this regularly!
So I kept on hearing the Holy Spirit comparing the body scrubbing and the scrubbing of the mind….
- What does it mean to scrub the mind? It’s basically the process of renewing your mind with the WORD and the scripture references coming to my mind was (ROMANS 12:2 do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.)
- What are the benefits of scrubbing your mind regularly?
- It renews your mind
- Makes you stable spiritually ( not conforming to the pattern of the world)
- It transforms you continuously
- Makes it easy for you to test and approve God’s will (discernment and sensitivity)
- Spiritual growth.
As you can use any of the products to scrub, you can use the word to scrub.
The scrub is in different types and the word (the Bible) comes in different versions, make it easy for yourself.
I use EDEN APRICOT SCRUB for the face and body and I use THE WORD through different means (personal study, messages, devotionals & fellowships)
Don’t just scrub your skin, scrub your mind.
Scrub beyond the surface.
Have a wonderful weekend beauties.