Haha , have you ever been in this my tight corner?
I was literally begin God and praying that God should just allow little to just come out (lol).
My last visit to the throne room was not pleasant at all and I know you might have been there too or if you have not been there you can prevent it!
By now, I know you would have been wondering what is throne room exactly?
The throne room in a simple term is the toilet [ lol].
So I was in the toilet for about 30 minutes struggling to pass stool, meanwhile it has been three days prior to that time I visited the toilet because anytime I have the urge I’d go but nothing was coming out until few minutes ago when I had to face my fear…
So what is CONSTIPATION?
It is the inability to pass stool frequently or straining when passing stool due to hard stool.
When you go more than 3 days straight without emptying your bowel it’s a sign that you are constipated.
Or when you have difficulty in passing stool it’s another sign of constipation.
Or when you feel like you have not emptied your bowel completely (feeling of incomplete evacuation).
Sometimes it comes with swollen belly or lower abdominal pain.
Either way, it’s not a pleasant feeling and it can be prevented.
Sometimes it’s not a big deal, but another time it could be very dangerous depending on the cause.
Few of the causes (ranging from minor to major) include:
- Eating disorders( abnormal/disturbed eating habits such as anorexia nervosa)
- Not being active
- Eating a lot of dairy products e.g. butter, ice creams, cakes, milk etc .
- Lack of diet rich in fiber such as oat meal/ wheat (fiber is not a joke if you must have a free flow in the throne-room).
- Lack or inadequate water or fluid intake.
- Delay in emptying your bowel when you have the urge to do so.
- Pregnancy ( in women)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Parkinson disease
- Colon cancer.
- There could be other cause; the above is just few….
If you have found a cause among the above listed causes of CONSTIPATION then you will know what to do in order to prevent it.
PREVENTING MEASURES YOU CAN EMPLOY ARE:
- Drink water regularly ( before you can have over dose of water it would be long)
- Drink warm water/milk in the morning
- Make sure you include fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Eat roughages and fibers ( e.g. oat meal and wheat)
- Do regular exercise (remember inactivity can cause constipation)
- If after doing the afore mentioned preventive measures, you still have constipation, you might need to take mild laxatives/stool softeners or visit the hospital.
Don’t wait till you are constipated to start taking measures, start it now!!!
Feel free to read, comment, ask questions and share with friends.
Have a great weekend.
firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.