lemme assume you are fine and you are preparing/prepared for Valentine’s Day. LOL
Anyway, I will just be here tomorrow praying for you and hoping you return home whole and safe after your hangout. (Don’t ask me why)
OK, very quickly, I will like to share a few things with you before you go out with that babe/dude tomorrow so as to have fun in the healthy way.
With valentine’s excitement also comes possible risks and complications that you, especially unmarried should be mindful of. I have highlighted some of these and I believe you will find them useful:
- Sexually Transmitted Infection:resulting from having unprotected sex with an unfaithful partner. Even if you trust them, as long as you are not married, please don’t even allow them to pressure you into having unprotected sex. Valentine will come and go. HIV is still in town and it is real! Beware
- Hepatitis B is not so rare and it is usually transferred from the host (who might not be showing symptoms ) via seminal fluid, blood or vaginal discharge during unprotected sex. Please take note (he/she won’t write it on their head and may not have symptoms/signs of the infection). It kills faster than AIDS!
- Unwanted Pregnancy: Unprotected sex is the father of unwanted pregnancy! That guy that is all over you on Valentine’s Day could turn his back on you in the twinkle of an eye if you get pregnant. . Don’t allow one day shower of gifts and affection put an unnecessary stain on you for life… Play safe!
- Heart breaks/feeling of being used: this was my case few years back when a guy suddenly started calling me a week to Val’s, and giving me all the love and attention up until Valentine’s Day. We went out together and did everything in between but he suddenly stopped calling immediately after the weekend of Valentine. Turned out to be that his main chick was somewhere in the Eastern part of the country serving her father’s land and could not be around for valentine at that time. So the bobo needed someone to keep him company during Val’s… you can only imagine how devastated I felt at that period ( I am over it o). Don’t be fooled, it can happen to anyone that is desperate to show off Valentine’s gifts/hang out. As a guy, you could be used too… Don’t allow a sudden bae/boo to use you, the aftermath could be emotionally draining.
- Oral thrush: In case you are still thinking that you will kiss all day even if you wont have sex, this is for you! Oral thrush is a fungal infection that affects the mouth basically… Although it is not common in young adult because of their immune system. However playing it safe won’t be a bad idea.
- Loss of Virtue: The spiritual part of me is telling you that virtue could be the exchange for all the fun you’d have on Val’s Day. Please don’t trade your destiny for gifts/sex… Be watchful even as you are having fun!
I care for your spirit and soul even as I care for your body