Happy new month people( I hope that’s not late?), I have missed writing to you 😚
I made a video recently, I decided to upload it last week(on my blog) about checking your blood pressure even as a young adult, in case you have not seen it, kindly check it here 🙏
OK! A lot of people have asked me if there is/are a way(s) to stay healthy, I have always said, well given a normal circumstance void of any family/hereditary disease one can be at a place of wellness.
Although, according to W.H.O (World Health Organization), health is defined as “State of complete physical, mental, and social well being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.“
It is not just the absence of an actual disease or infirmity but a place of balance
In a nutshell, one can be at a place of balance by making some lifestyle changes, such as;
- Eat a healthy diet: I heard someone said there is nothing like a balanced diet since we can’t measure the nutrients and only adequate diet is what we can have. Well, a healthy diet should include vegetables, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, essential minerals, and fruits. Not skipping breakfast (if you must skip any meal. To read more about healthy diet and its benefits, kindly click here
- Stay hydrated: By now you should know that water is life and we need it to run, as a matter of fact, you can decide to skip meals for days and run with water only. When you are starting your day, you are supposed to open your bowel with water first.
- Be physically active: the reason for exercise cannot be overemphasized really, do exercise especially in the morning, and you can read more here 🏃💪
- Avoid/limit the use of alcohol: well, if you can, please try to avoid the use of alcohol but if you can’t just take it slow. Excess and prolonged use of alcohol is one of the causes of liver cirrhosis(a chronic liver disease), read more about it here 👉
- Avoid the use of any form of tobacco: smokers are liable to die young an inscription that is boldly written on tobacco packs yet there are plenty of people getting high on it. Your lungs, your heart and your kidneys are at high risk with tobacco use. As a matter of fact, tobacco use accounts for some cancers e.g cancer of the lungs, esophagus, mouth, liver, bladder, stomach pancreas etc take it easy on tobacco
- Get Vaccinated: vaccines help in the prevention of infectious diseases hence the need tonne vaccinated. Most vaccination takes place during early childhood but there are ones one can take even as an adult, you can contact me to find out 🤗
- Practice good hygiene: the importance of good personal/environmental hygiene can’t be overemphasized… Check here to see the benefits of good hygiene, especially good hand washing!
- Good stress management; You know when you are stressed, you need to also know what can help you relieve your stress ( mine is listening to music, gist with loved ones, food and 8 hours long sleep 😴😴 ) read more here.
- Practice safe sex: if you are single and you can’t abstain, having just one faithful partner and using condoms are ways to go about it. If you are married, staying faithful is the best you can do for yourself and your partner. Sexually transmitted diseases are also ways to jeopardize one’s good health.
- Go for a regular checkup: A lot of people especially young adult feels the only people that need to go for checkup are the older ones, married or those with obvious health issues. As minor as checking Blood pressure and blood sugar regularly is, people still take it with levity hands.
If you think it is hard to maintain good health, try and ask people trying to manage a chronic disease such as high blood pressure…